Telecomix Crypto Munitions Bureau is part of Telecomix. This wiki is used for discussing technology and philosophy. This wiki is also essentially the technical twin to the political WeRebuild.EU wiki. Both share the same fundamental goal: To defend and increase information freedom.
Telecomix Crypto Munitions Bureau?
A decentralized organization without membership. The bureaus goals are described in this paper issued by Cameron. Beyond that, we also do whatever we want.
- Slideshow on hacktivism, encryption, online anonymity, & darknets 101 now up at: http://scr.bi/yLxMak (same with https) & http://www.multiupload.com/IF7ZQOG1U7
- WSJ Surveillance Catalog / Spy Files aka axis of evil
- HTTPS/SSL probably dead: Deep Packet Spying Breaches Gmail and All Security, also: Hackers break SSL encryption used by millions of sites.
- Added a basic guide to Deploying, Implementing and Using Cryptographic Systems.
- AES weakened by 2 Bits
- TCMB Station 7 checks in for the first time :)
- Older news
- Full communication and storage system
- Project Byzantium
- RetroShare: a decentralised communication platform / darknet based on GPG & OpenSSL Needs moar analyzing(Maybe not safe).
- Tahoe-LAFS Distributed encrypted file system
- Encrypted Communication
- GPG / Mac Encryption for mails, files and more. No forward secrecy!
- OTR Extremely IMPORTANT for Instant Messaging – USE THIS
- Tomb strong semi-deniable encryption for the desktop and safe transports
- Tcpcrypt a protocol that attempts to encrypt (almost) all of your network traffic.
- CurveCP Usable security for the Internet
- Crayfish Safe IRC shelter server (concept).
- LUKS LUKS is the standard for Linux hard disk encryption.
- Truecrypt Disk encryption
- Silc : Secure Internet Live Conferencing : IRC like but much more safer (to be written) SILCNET Offical Website
- Alternatives to Certificate Authorities
- Anonymous and Alternative Networks
- Tor (Peer reviewed, understood and very secure anonymity network.)
- I2P (Likely unsafe in extremely dangerous situations, peer review needed)
- OnionCat (Anonymous IPv6 tunneling on top of Tor/I2P.)
- Netsukuku – Internet Protocol based alternative to ICANNnet – currently lacks dedicated anonymization mechanism, mainly based on physical WLAN links
- CJDNS (this is not Domain Name System!)
- Do we need something better?
- General-purpose VPN software
- curvetun (lightweight multiuser IP tunnel based on elliptic curve cryptography)
- OpenVPN (Direct p2p VPN.) – Lacking peer review
- VTun – Lacking peer review
- PPTP (Knowledge needed to set up a linux computer as an IPREDATOR-router for your entire net.) PPTP is not safe to use
- quicktun – uses Elliptic Curves, popular in dn42 community
- IPSec (for example OpenSWAN)
- Economy & Money
- Backup software
- Sousveillance/Counter Surveillance
- Miscellaneous Scripts
- Hardware security
- Tails Debian based OS using Tor
- Liberté Linux Gentoo-based LiveUSB for communication in hostile environments
- dyne:bolic 100% free GNU/Linux
- Discussion About Privacy And Anonymity Kids
- Haven is a Live operating system based on Ubuntu
- Byzantium Secure live CD for emergency situations to communicate and collaborate.
Needed Software – projects
Software we may need for further projects, still to be found or written
- Dialup for Egypt
- SIP Software Modem for Dial-Up / BBS projects
- BBS gateway to give access to web services through low bandwidth connexions
- Anonymous Base Station
- Blocklists – firewall all authorities!
- Trusted Platform Module
Repository of research articles
Cryptography for The Post-Quantum Computing Era
- The McEliece cryptosystem is likely secure against Shor’s algorithm.
- The One Time Pad system is secure against all possible forms of cryptanalysis.
- The redundant cryptosystem (partially sketched up, move it here)
- Quantum computer (Project for trying to learn how quantum computers works)
- Quantum Hacking
Books, papers and logs
- Telecomix Crypto Munitions Bureau – The Apocryphal Machinery of Ciphernautics (Collaborative book-writing)
- Wiki-Article about Crypto Wars by Open Rights Group
- Underground Book
- A Cypherpunk’s Manifesto, that is nowadays even more relevant
Meetings and seminars
- TCMB agent discussing ACTA in the European Parliament
- Telecomix at Festa Dei Pirati, Italy.
- Summer of Cipher Assembly — A series of seminars held by TCMB.
- SoCA course material
- The IT security expo
- Telecomix Crypto Workshop for Journalists
TCMB official documents
- Request for the deployment of a crypto munitions bureau
- Workers needed for the Telecomix Crypto Munitions Bureau
- European Union Committee – Fifth Report: Protecting Europe against large-scale cyber-attacks
- Security and Crypto Pad (unknown purpose)
- US Army considered attack on Wikileaks
Software watch list
Interesting software that is yet to be investigated.
- CrypTool / JCrypTool: graphical cryptography teaching tool
- AlpineLinux hardened and lightweight Linux distribution for setting up routers / gateways
Not sure what this is
- Phone numbers to some politicians
- Riseup Labs – cool stuff!
- Kartbuilding.net – lots of cool guides on linux software
- Step-by-step guide to setting up LUKS-encrypted LVM with Ubuntu (useful reference)
- Haskell — random notes
- Cypherpunks list
- Interception Capabilities Report, 2000
- China’s Great Firewall Tests Mysterious Scans On Encrypted Connections
- p2p Hackers list
- THC Wiki
- US and the (broken) freedom of expression
- Infoanarchy Wiki
- Forensics wiki
- OpenDPI, source code of a crappy DPI, that is used in real-world systems
- Buggedplanet – Intel of Vendors of SIGINT/COMINT/LI and supporting Technologies and Systems
- CCC conference video archive