Survival Food: 56 Food & Supplies Must Have Items
Survival Food that makes life easier: These four foods can be stored for over 10 years and can add some flavor to your cooking. If stored properly they can probably last indefinitely.
- Sugar – Brown or White
- Alcohol – Whiskey, Vodka, etc…
Hard Grains: Stored properly hard grains have a shelf life of around 10 – 12 years.
- Dry Corn
- Hard Red Wheat
- Soft White Wheat
- Durum wheat
Soft grains: These soft grains will last around 8 years at 70 degrees sealed without oxygen.
- Oat Groats,
Beans: Sealed and kept away from oxygen the following beans can last for around 8 – 10 years.
- Pinto Beans
- Kidney Beans
- Lima Beans
- Adzuki Beans
- Garbanzo Beans
- Mung Beans
- Black Turtle Beans
- Blackeye Beans
Flours and Mixes and Pastas: 5 – 8 years
- All Purpose Flour
- White Flour
- Whole Wheat Flour
- White Rice ( up to 10 years)
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil has one of the longest shelf lives of any kind of oil. It can last for over 2 years and is a great item to add to your survival food supplies list.
Other good survival foods: 2 – 5 years of shelf life
- Canned Tuna
- Canned Meats
- Canned Vegetables & Fruits
- Peanut Butter
- Ramen Noodles – not the greatest food in the world but they are very cheap so they made the survival food list.
- Hard Candy
- Powdered milk
- Dried herbs and spices
Items that can be used for more than cooking:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Cleaning, cooking, and has antibiotic properties
- Baking Soda – Cleaning, cooking, etc…
- Honey – Mentioned again for it’s antibiotic properties and wound healing.
Non Food Items to stock up on at the grocery store:
- Bic Lighters
- Toilet Paper
- Bottled Water
- Lighter fluid
- Canning Supplies
Tags: Emergency Food, Emergency Preparedness, Food, Food Storage